The Department of Public Health is dedicated to delivering comprehensive healthcare services in alignment with the policies and plans set forth by the Kaduna State government. Our commitment encompasses preventive, curative, promotive, and rehabilitative aspects of health care, ensuring a holistic approach to well-being.
Furthermore, we prioritize the provision and equitable distribution of ample human resources for health, aiming to strengthen the healthcare workforce across the region. Through strategic planning and execution, we strive to enhance the overall health and resilience of the state, fostering a healthcare system that is accessible, inclusive, and responsive to the diverse needs of the population.
Functions of the Department
- Coordinating and implementing disease prevention and control programs e.g., malaria, tuberculosis, leprosy, onchocerciasis, neglected tropical diseases, HIV/AIDS, and eye care programs.
- Coordinating and supervising reproductive health programs, such as VVF prevention and control, prevention of reproductive health cancers and adolescent sexual reproductive health.
- Responding to public health emergencies such as disasters, epidemics, in collaboration with other MDAs.
- Disseminating health promotion information to the public on arising public health issues such as epidemics, disasters etc.
- Coordinating nutrition activities at secondary health care level e.g., nutritional rehabilitation, dietary counselling to pregnant women, people with non-communicable diseases (diabetes mellitus) and PLWHA.
- Coordinating health education (involving developing, disseminating, and communicating) on various health issues in the State